Documentation > Customers
This page contains information about Managing Customers in UCM.
- A Customer is the core entity in UCM.
- Jobs, Websites, Invoices, Tickets or Files can be linked to a Customer.
- Each Customer can have one or many "Customer Contacts".
- You can import Customers via CSV
- You can export Customers to CSV
- Customers can have Notes assigned to them. The main Customer page will also show Notes from all linked entities (eg: Jobs, Invoices).
- Customers can have Subscriptions (see Subscriptions)
Please feel free to add your own Customers as a test in the Online Demo available here: http://ultimateclientmanager.com/demo/customer.customer_admin_list/
Customer Email Feature:
It is now possible to send emails directly to the customer from UCM. Just open up a customer, look for the new "Emails" tab and click "Send New Email".
You can create templates (Settings>Templates) named email_template_* (eg: email_template_default, email_template_promo) and these will appear in a drop down list when sending an email.
The email tab will also show a history of all emails sent to the customer (eg: invoice emails, overdue reminders, etc..)
This is available under Settings > Signup. The signup form is a block of HTML that you can copy over to your own website, adjust and style to suit your needs.
The best way to see how it works is to fill out all the form fields with sample data and look where they go in the system.
These are the options available on the signup form:
The signup form has an optional ajax response, so if you want to perform more advanced things (like client side validation, or custom redirection) then try this:
Add this highlighted code to your existing signup form on your website:
<form action="/m.customer/h.public_signup?via_ajax" method="POST" id="my_signup_form">