Remove Websites

We're upgrading our support forum. Replies are currently closed. Please view our Documentation and FAQ using the menu above.

How difficult is it to remove the “website” section? I understand the script was designed for web developers but I’m using for a manufacturing company and I’m concerned staff will be confused by the “website” section.

Thanks  Jimmy.

I haven’t tried this, but at the top of includes/plugin_website/website.php look for and remove this code to remove the website link from the main menu all together:

$this->links[] = array(
“name”=>$name,
“p”=>”website_admin”,
‘args’=>array(‘website_id’=>false),
‘holder_module’ => ‘customer’, // which parent module this link will sit under.
‘holder_module_page’ => ‘customer_admin_open’, // which page this link will be automatically added to.
‘menu_include_parent’ => 0,
);

and also this code

$this->links[] = array(
“name”=>module_config::c(‘project_name_plural’,’Websites’),
“p”=>”website_admin”,
‘args’=>array(‘website_id’=>false),
);

around about line 80.

I’ll have a think about better ways to disable these and include it in a future update.

Thanks,

dtbaker

Looking the same. I want to report that I deactivate the plugin, made the changes without the second part of the code which @dtbaker wrote otherwise I get an error, but I still having the webiste form in “Job” section and in tables.

Thank you

Try the latest update, then go to Settings > Advanced and change “plugin_enabled_website” from 1 to 0

This should now hide websites from most of the system. Let me know if it still appears anywhere.

The forum ‘General Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Jimmy ChickensRemove Websites