Quote template deposit/progress payment

We're upgrading our support forum. Replies are currently closed. Please view our Documentation and FAQ using the menu above.

Hello,

I would like to request a feature that shows special template tags like {INVOICE_AMOUNT*10%} so that you will be able to use a combination of these in the quote template to show different splits of the total dollar amount. This only to show the customer the future payment schedule. Hopefully it will work that once the quote is approved I can just send the first invoice for 10%, then progress payment, then final payment.

Example:

Total amount due: $200

10% Deposit: $20
Progress Payment: $90
Final Payment: $90

Done: http://ultimateclientmanager.com/2014/11/18/template-tag-arithmetic-improvements/

For sending a deposit try this:

Create Quote, send quote, approve quote, convert quote to job, bottom left “advanced” area on job create a 10% deposit invoice (you’ll have to enter the amount, not the percentage).

If that process doesn’t work let me know

Thanks for that, but it’s just showing “0” on the quote_pdf template when I click print PDF.

The tags I’m using are:
{TOTAL_AMOUNT_DUE*0.10}
{TOTAL_AMOUNT_DUE*0.45}
{TOTAL_AMOUNT_DUE*0.45}

Try the latest update, it fixed something. Also in the “quote_pdf” template you need to use TOTAL_AMOUNT rather than TOTAL_AMOUNT_DUE

Try these after doing the update:

{TOTAL_AMOUNT}
{TOTAL_AMOUNT*0.10}
{TOTAL_AMOUNT*0.45}
{TOTAL_AMOUNT*0.45}
{currency:TOTAL_AMOUNT}
{currency:TOTAL_AMOUNT*0.10}
{currency:TOTAL_AMOUNT*0.45}

Thanks for this.. But it doesn’t add up to the total amount..

Say I have
{TOTAL_AMOUNT*0.10}
{TOTAL_AMOUNT*0.45}
{TOTAL_AMOUNT*0.45}

Take a look at the screenshot here: http://www.citywidedecorators.co.nz/downloads/Capture.JPG

Hello,

217.35 + 978.075 + 978.075 = 2173.50

this seems to add up.

What would the ideal values for each of those be?

Sorry I was confused with the decimal places.. It needs to be two decimal places only. Eg 2173.07

Can you please do this?

I think it could confuse my clients also as they could put through 75 cents instead of rounding it down.. We use the Swedish rounding system here in NZ, I think you do in AUS too.

Try the currency: prefix from the previous post, that should do currency rounding:

{currency:TOTAL_AMOUNT}

More examples here: http://ultimateclientmanager.com/2014/11/18/template-tag-arithmetic-improvements/

I’m using this

${TOTAL_AMOUNT*0.10}
${TOTAL_AMOUNT*0.45}
${TOTAL_AMOUNT*0.45}

Copied it straight from my template. But it’s still showing with 2173.075 (3 decimals)

Please see the previous post:

Sorry I just saw the currency: prefix you used.. Yes this works! Thanks

I know it’s not the right topic but did you get my other problem with the cron job in my ticket?

The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.

masteruserQuote template deposit/progress payment