PDF invoice creation changes text format

We're upgrading our support forum. Replies are currently closed. Please view our Documentation and FAQ using the menu above.

Tagged: 

How can I keep the PDF creation from adding an extra space after any “-” dash or a “/” slash, and also how can I make it accept or translate   or & symbols properly?

I have applied this fix http://forum.tufat.com/showthread.php?t=56128 to the latest pdf update. Please do an update and maually select the ‘pdf’ module for upgrade to see if this resolves the space-after-slash issue. I have tested this on the demo and it seems to have fixed this issue.

Yes sir, wonderful! All fixed …

In regards to using an image/logo in the PDF, do you have any suggestions as to why this is not functioning as expected? It seems that the image is read (it knows the proper size) but in the final creation of the PDF, the image is not included, only a square in the size of the image’s pixel resolution.

I have tried PNG and JPG to no avail. All permissions on the file are correct. I’m running PHP 5.4.6 on Apache 2.2.22. Not sure what modules are used by PHP to create the PDF or insert the image, but I’ll tell you if you let me know. (Essentially, the server is running Ubuntu 12.10 with no modifications to the services.)

Any thoughts? Thanks for your help — hope you enjoyed your travels!

— Laz

Please try adding the image to the online demo available here: http://ultimateclientmanager.com/demo/ to see if this image works in the demo.

Also please ensure the image is referred to with a full url ( eg: http://yourwebsite.com/your_logo_image.jpg ) and that this url works in a web browser.

If that still does not work, please try uploading the image somewhere else (eg: to a different web site hosting account, or to an image sharing service, or to facebook or something) and then insert the image using that new URL instead of the self-hosted image.

Yea, I did try it on the demo site (saw another post), no luck.

I’ll check it out on a third-party host … I do all my own hosting, so generally everything is just found on the local disk array 😉 …

I will try putting the image elsewhere, but … Do you happen to have a list of any dependencies required by PHP or the PDF utility that may be needed?  ImageMagick or GD or … ? Or any PERL modules? I’m sure I’m just missing something on my end.

Either way, I’ll let you know after I get a chance to test it tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help and support!

I do not think there is anything special required. I’m pretty sure the code here is FPDF, their requirements are:

FPDF requires no extension (except zlib to activate compression and GD for GIF support). It works with PHP 4 and PHP 5 (the latest version requires at least PHP 4.3.10).

If you would like to send through an email support ticket with temporary UCM website login details we can investigate, and optionally restricted (S?)FTP details for the UCM folder if you wish us to tweak anything in order to get it working or to display debugging information during PDF generation.

Thanks

Sure! I could definitely go for some good ol’ fashioned troubleshooting!

You have no idea how grateful I am for your product. It’s not just for the product, but the support. I do network administration/support, and … Let’s just say, I truly appreciate your efforts. You deserve all your success.

Okay, back to the point. I promised myself I wouldn’t be working until after the holiday, but I do recall that the logo I added to your demo website was hosted on my personal web server (both JPG/PNG). So I think that’ll save us some time.

I’ll set up a secure FTP to my UCM folder for you. Would be more than happy to allow you access with an account, etc. I’m done for the night though (Monday, 11p GMT-8 here) so I’ll get back to you in the next 24 hours.

Good times. I appreciate your help. Thanks again.

~Laz

The forum ‘General Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

paravisPDF invoice creation changes text format