Pay with Check

We're upgrading our support forum. Replies are currently closed. Please view our Documentation and FAQ using the menu above.

Tagged: 

Would like to see “pay with check” as an option. Thank you

I would like that option as well 🙂

I would as well. Currently what I’ve done is used “Bank Transfer” template and modified it to accomodate paying by check.

This would be a wonderful addition. Not sure about the APIs to interface with whatever payment service is being used, or straight into my bank account, but it would be great to accept e-check payments instead of credit card or PayPal. Most of my clients pay by check.

If this can be implemented, UCM would be the first and only solution I’ve seen so far which will have this.

I’m looking forward towards this feature too.

Take a look at this thread – I was able to add the check option and a workaround with dtbaker’s help for the check number on the receipt – still a custom “Check Payment” with check number would be helpful.

http://ultimateclientmanager.com/forums/topic/adding-images-in-wysiwyg-editor/

Just to clarify (in my opinion) the pay by check option that is scripted in would only be benifical if there is a designated “check number” built into this payment method. Perhaps even an area to upload a scan of the check would be nice.

If these aren’t part of a built in check payment selection, then it is just as easy to copy and do what the thread referenced above mentions.

Just thought I would add a couple of pics of how a “Pay by Check” option that would have a few other features than default payment methods might work out/look.

Step 1:
When “Check” is selected as a payment method in the backend admin view two optional fields would appear: “Check Number” and “Add Check Image”:
Check Option

Step 2:
After writing in the check number, they can upload an image of the check and a preview of that check would show in a pop-up. This would give two basic options: “Crop” and “Add Security Box”.
“Crop” is self-explanatory.
Preview Box

“Add Security Box” allows you to draw black boxes on portions of the check (multiple boxes can be drawn). That way you can cover up the account number, block a portion of the signature/etc. for extra security (boxes in this window could also be selected and deleted).
Preview Security Box

Once you save it, the image with any security boxes would be flattened and saved, and that information would also be available to view in the Receipt, and the client (and staff) can go back to it for record keeping.
Receipt

This would be my hope, though Adding a Check Number directly through the payment would be a great help to.

Payment by check is now available, details on how best to add information (check number) and pictures (scanned copy of check) are available at the bottom of the Invoice documentation page:

http://ultimateclientmanager.com/support/documentation-wiki/invoices/

(unfortunately adding those “Security Boxes” is not something that can be done within UCM, and would have to be performed in Paint/Photoshop/Some-other-redacting-software before uploading any images)

Awesome! Thanks so much! The security box idea was a stretch, but I always figure dream high 🙂 Photoshop is an easy alternative for that part 🙂

The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.

jjartPay with Check