Multiple incoming email accounts

We're upgrading our support forum. Replies are currently closed. Please view our Documentation and FAQ using the menu above.

Hi. I thought UCM had this already but my mistake!

I would like emails to different departments of our organisation, open new tickets and be assigned to the relevant staff member/s.

support@oursite.com opens new “support type ticket” which is assigned to the “support” group or to users John & Sally and notifies them to their personal email accounts
sales@oursite.com open new “sales type ticket” department ticket and notifies Fred to his personal email account

Also then when support@ or sales@ replies to a ticket, the reply address is support@ or sales@
(Then we can even give out these email addresses for people to email direct if they needed to)

We can probably contribute something towards this in a few weeks after we have started selling tickets for an upcoming event (for which I bought UCM pro…to help us organise it better, but I didn’t realise this feature was not available! oops)

Is anybody else interested in this functionality? I would have thought it is standard functionality for CRM software so I hope it can be added. Maybe a few others might be interested and can also contribute?

Sorry I seem to have been using UCM with my eyes closed, it does support multiple email accounts. Sorry!!!

It is because the “add new account” button is not there when viewing a pop/imap account. You have to click the main “Ticket POP3/IMAP accounts” button again for the button to be visible

This reminds me of others areas of the UCM admin, when viewing a specific entry of any part of UCM, there is no button to add a new one. You have to click the button to go back to the main view of that area, then click to add a new item. I think it would be a big improvement if the “add new” button was always visible else it is just extra clicking.

Also I don’t seem able to add groups in the main admin area. Only when viewing a user, etc, I can add groups. This is also a bit confusing.

Thank you

I would however like to request that email forwarding addresses can be supported, it can be a lot easier than setting up loads of individual POP/IMAP accounts for some circumstances and can save the mail server checking too many accounts.

Then depending on the “TO” address, e.g., support@ sales@ bookings@ can be assigned to the relevant default ticket types.

Could save a lot of work for UCM admin and for local and mail provider server resources.

Thank you.

The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.

welshdemonMultiple incoming email accounts