Job Description

We're upgrading our support forum. Replies are currently closed. Please view our Documentation and FAQ using the menu above.

Hey David and everyone else,

I would like to see each job having a job “description”. At the moment there is just a job name and tasks. I would like in there just a text box so staff and the customer can read a brief overview of what the job is and put into context what the tasks are.

Thanks 🙂

Have you considered using the job notes for this? we have in the past for a quick measure.

but I also would +1 this option

Check how public notes work in invoices. Would that be fine in jobs too?

Hi David,

Nah not really. I can see how that might work on the external view. But I want it at an admin level.

So at the moment the Job looks like, keep in mind I use the system for tech support:

Job Name – Fairly basic description
“Viruses on PC”
Job Tasks – Just shows the tasks involved and doesn’t give the customer or staff any understanding of the job
Task 1
“Remove viruses from PC”
Task 2
“Install antivirus software”
etc

What I would like is a text field that briefly explains the job and shows the customer you have understood the requirements.

Job Name
“Viruses on PC”
Job Description
“Joan has called up and said that she is being redirected to the QV06 website in IE and cannot open files on her PC. She would like us to fix her PC on Monday morning.”
Job Tasks
Task 1
“Remove viruses from PC”
Task 2
“Install antivirus software”
etc

This gives the tasks some meaning and Iam sure can be applied to building websites etc, any job in general I feel could benefit from this.

The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.

davidmckellitJob Description