How can I control who can approve a quote?

We're upgrading our support forum. Replies are currently closed. Please view our Documentation and FAQ using the menu above.

As the title mentions can I control who is able to approve a quote? Is there any role for it?

That should be under the user permissions. If you have your customer accounts listed with the customer data access “only customers I am assigned to as contact” and give them the quotes permission they should be able to approve quotes sent to them (other customers wouldn’t be able to see/approve quotes for other customers.

For the staff you would have to play with the permissions if you don’t want them to accidentally approve a quote. I hope this helps!

Well kind of… I just want a specific staff member to able to approve any quote when all other staff members can do anything else with quotes, including editing quotes of other staff members.

So I thought to create another staff user role with one permission more than the others “Quote Approval”, but I’m having trouble with it so far..

Is there any guide for creating new permissions?

Ah. Yeah you would need to different accounts. There is no guide to my knowledge (what I do is set up a dummy account and test it with different user permissions until you get what u want).

The forum ‘General Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

matomHow can I control who can approve a quote?