Fatal Error, $_REQUEST['invoice_id'] = "new";

We're upgrading our support forum. Replies are currently closed. Please view our Documentation and FAQ using the menu above.

I am trying to create a new invoice for a job… getting a fatal error. Error logs show nothing, but only for your software… do you have error_reporting shut off?

includes/plugin_invoice/pages/invoice_admin_edit.php[13]

$invoice_id = (int)$_REQUEST[‘invoice_id’]; // return 0 because $_REQUEST[‘invoice_id’] = “new”;

This issue has not yet been resolved. I went to check if there had been any updates and… although there HAVE been updates, the “create new invoice” button still not working.

Works fine on demo, maybe try fresh install to see if a clean copy of ucm resolves the issue.

I made a backup copy of the old folder and did what you suggested. Here is what I found:

The following file has been DELETED from the DOWNLOADED (NEW) version:
/includes/process.php

The following file(s) have been CHANGED:
/js/jquerymobile/jquery.mobile-1.0b3.js (Added extra functions on the end of file)
/includes/plugin_invoice/invoice.php
added the if(class_exists(‘module_extra’,false)) statement from lines 2396~2402

I’d like to make this record of change.

Now my greatest criticism is that I have spent about 5 hours debugging issues such as these in order to help the developer debug a problem that really shouldn’t have happened. The reason why I believe this HAS happened is because of the lack of developing manpower, and also, the eagerness to send new updates to clients without fully testing all systems. My best suggestion before releasing these updates are to take some time to go through every release that the files have been changed. But I know that this would be much easier to do with good developers willing to use these systems and looking into the codes to help debug the releases.

I am willing to help as I have invested my time and business into this project, and thus am left with this option as my best viable option for myself as well. I do, however, must state that the time I have spent with this project, would have paid for the full version several times over if charged.

What I request, is to receive compensation in form of the paid version of UCM. I believe I have earned this and I also believe anyone who has helped developed or help debug UCM to the degree of accuracy that I have is also worthy of such compensation. This request is a form of motivation to both the developer and the clients, because as a developer AND client myself, REQUIRE a working system for my company. But every time I try to use it, it doesn’t work when I need it. I therefore have to take time off of my busy schedule in order to help the developer of UCM to expedite a stable release. I believe this would be a “kill two birds with one stone” deal: help keep UCM developer clients, and create developing manpower for UCM. I highly suggest you think about my offer as it would help us both (and all other developers who show dedication to the project). The developer of UCM, in turn, would have nothing to lose.

However, if this post is answered with a reply of denial of my request, and these problems continue to arise, I will be left with no option than to remove UCM from my system and head to what I believe to be an inferior design, but stable solution. A option I must say is something I’d rather not do.

Thank you for your time, and I await your response.

Please upgrade from free to pro if a more tested/stable system is required.

Free copies of UCM pro are against the CodeCanyon exclusive agreement. It’s not possible for me to give out software/CodeCanyon licenses even if I want to, the only way to obtain a license is purchasing via CodeCanyon (and it’s really rather cheap).

Once pro verified you are more than welcome to commit core code changes and improvements like many other ucm buyers are doing. We’re currently accepting 3rd party improvements via email (most popular), github and a private hg repo.

Thanks,
dtbaker

The forum ‘General Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

blackbeltscriptingFatal Error, $_REQUEST['invoice_id'] = "new";