We're upgrading our support forum. Replies are currently closed. Please view our Documentation and FAQ using the menu above.
Do you remember what happened after clicking the timer “Finish” button?
Did it fill in the value “0.78” into the “Log Hours” box? or a different value?
Did it tick “Task Completed” automatically for you after clicking finish?
Yes, to all of the above. I unticked “completed” before saving the task/hours – since I need to resume it again later once I get more info.
This issue still persists, it doesn’t matter how I save task. It never adds up and totals times. So every recording is logged but I have to manually change total. Would be nice to get a fix on this.
Is it possible to try a different web browser? eg: chrome or firefox?
If I create a task that is for 30 minutes ( 0.5 hours ) the timer will work
eg: I create a 0.5 hour task, click the timer button, the timer starts counting, half an hour later if I click the timer finish button it will insert 0.5 (eg: 30 mins) into the logged hours box.
If I leave the timer running longer it will insert a larger number than 0.5 into the box, etc…
The total will never be updated to reflect the logged hours. The total is fixed as a type of “quoted” amount that does not change. The logging of hours is for internal use. At the bottom of the job page it will show if work has been underquoted or overquoted by listing how many hours over were worked on the job.
If the task time (and price) needs to be adjusted based on the recorded value from the timer then this needs to be done manually.
The workflow for a timer is:
- create a job with tasks
- send job as a quote to the customer for the customer to approve the final price
- send a deposit invoice to start the job
- start logging hours against a task in the job
- repeat for all tasks in the job until all tasks are completed
- generate an send final invoice for job to customer
- look back at the job to see if you worked over or under the quoted hours, so you can adjust quotes in the future if work took longer than expected
The forum ‘General Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.