Apply Discount Based on Payment Method

We're upgrading our support forum. Replies are currently closed. Please view our Documentation and FAQ using the menu above.

I am trying to integrate Pay with BitPay as my “Other” payment type. I basically just send the {AMOUNT} as the value of a hidden form input to the BitPay hosted payment system. Is there a way I can apply a specified discount to the total if they pay with BitPay rather than another payment option?

On the reverse, I would love the option to add an additional charge if they pay with PayPal or other certain Payment methods to absorb the processing fee.

Yep I have an idea on how to implement this, if you would like it asap feel free to submit a priority support ticket otherwise I may be able to get around to it some time this coming week.

Thanks,
dtbaker

Also if you would like to share your BitPay implementation with everyone feel free to send it through to me and I can add it into the system as an update.

I think there would definitely be a lot of users who would appreciate a full-on BitPay integration. That’d be swell. I just purchased the platform and haven’t even made use of it yet, so I’m not sure that I can pay for a priority ticket yet, but I will definitely be willing to in the future.

As far as I can tell, BitPay just uses an HTML form with hidden inputs similar to my example below. I am still waiting to test if passing the UCM {AMOUNT} as the value of a hidden input actually works (I am waiting for BitPay to verify me).

<form action="https://bitpay.com/checkout" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="checkout" />
<input type="hidden" name="posData" value="{NAME}" />
<input type="hidden" name="price" value="{AMOUNT}" />
<input type="hidden" name="data" value="13...hO" />
<input type="hidden" name="buyerName" value="{CUSTOMER_NAME}" />
<input type="image" name="submit" src="https://bitpay.com/img/button2.png" alt="BitPay, the easy way to pay with bitcoins." />
</form>

Thumb up for the paypal additional charge!

I haven’t had success with the BitPay api, but I do not have experience with api implementation. Are there any updates with adding either BitPay as a payment option or applying the discount based on payment method? Thanks!

woohoo! thank you!

will this also be available for Stripe?

Yep Stripe is available shortly.

Stripe discount/fee should now be available. Please give it a test and let me know if you notice any issues.

The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.

cbarrettApply Discount Based on Payment Method