Moving servers / migrating UCM
Here are some steps to move servers or migrate UCM to a new hosting account (edit: check the alternate possibly faster method below)
- Login to existing UCM and go to Settings > General
- Change the URL settings to match the new URL where you are going to move UCM to
- Close the browser (it will probably redirect to a 404 after saving anyway)
- Backup current MySQL database (through phpMyAdmin - hosting provider can assist with this)
- Backup current UCM folder (eg: download through FTP)
- Create new MySQL database on new host, import old MySQL database
- Upload old UCM files to new host
- Edit the file includes/config.php on the new host to contain the new database details (they can sometimes change between hosts).
- Remove (or rename from /admin/ to /oldadmin/ ) the old UCM installation.
- Visit the URL of the new host and check automatic updates are working (settings > upgrade)
Note: if the above process doesn't work (eg: you get lots of permission errors during an upgrade) or if you would like to try a faster method than downloading all the old UCM files then please try this:
- Rename (eg: from /admin/ to /oldadmin/ ) the old UCM installation.
- Install a fresh copy of UCM on new hosting account.
- Import old MySQL database over the top of new MySQL database (hosting provider can assist with this).
- If you have uploaded files into the old UCM installation these need to be moved over MANUALLY from the old host to the new host. These are located in the includes/plugin_file/uploads/ folder. Simply download a copy of the files and upload to the new host.