cannot install on VPS with php 7.0.7

We're upgrading our support forum. Replies are currently closed. Please view our Documentation and FAQ using the menu above.

Tagged: ,

any idea why i cannot install the script on my server running php 7.0.7?
after it downloads all the files, i get to the screen for DB info, i fill out all details press next, and i get:
“Hello, Welcome to the setup wizard. You are currently on step 1 of 5”

if i modify config.php and manually add the DB settings, im getting error:
“Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/client/includes/database.php:22 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/client/includes/functions.php(995): db_connect() #1 /var/www/html/client/init.php(192): is_installed() #2 /var/www/html/client/index.php(75): require_once(‘/var/www/html/c…’) #3 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/client/includes/database.php on line 22”

Line 22 on that file it’s about mysql_connect() … this function has been completely removed from php 7.

Any info on how to fix this?

The support for this seems to be fairly bad as well – i see a bunch of unanswered forum posts. Pity, it looks like it has a lot of good functionality I’d like to use. Looking at the underlying code, however, there are some concerns.

To answer your question: Currently it will not work with PHP 7 the way it is written. He has hard coded mysql_* functions throughout all of the modules and would need to change those to use a database abstraction layer or to recode it to use the mysqli_* functions at least. The mysql_* functions have been deprecated for years now. The codebase is written procedurally and is not object oriented so any changes like that will have to be done manually to each file.

Without a rewrite of some of the key portions of this code, it won’t work with mysqli and therefore won’t work with PHP 7. I updated the database.php myself to use the mysqli_* functions manually before realizing that there were hardcoded mysql calls everywhere. So my suggestion would be to look at other software than this. That’s what I am going to have to do (and yes I paid for it as well).

The code-rewrite for PHP7 support has now been completed. This software works on PHP7 and with the newer mysqli interface.

(Please do a full backup before upgrading any existing PHP5 installation of UCM over to PHP7, it’s quite a large upgrade).

The forum ‘Installation Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

onegeekscannot install on VPS with php 7.0.7