We have recently implemented Bitcoin invoice payments ( through the excellent Coinbase.com service ).
Sign up for a coinbase.com account, enter your API keys into UCM, and you’re ready to start accepting bitcoin payments for your invoices.
Here’s some of the features:
- invoice in your own local currency, bitcoin exchange is automatically calculated
- restrict the bitcoin payment option to certain dollar vaules or invoice currencies (eg: only accept bitcoin for invoices under $100)
- support for bitcoin recurring payments – for subscription payments like hosting services ( daily, weekly, every_two_weeks, monthly, quarterly and yearly repeat periods only )
- ability to charge an extra bitcoin fee
Here’s a screenshot of the bitcoin settings area within UCM:
Here’s some screenshots showing the bitcoin purchase process:
1) Generate an invoice with UCM and send it to your customer. They will be able to choose Bitcoin as a payment method:
2) The customer is taken to your Coinbase payment page. You can customise this page with a title and logo from within the coinbase management area. The customer can choose to send funds from their coinbase.com account or directly using a bitcoin address.
3) The customer pays the bitcoin address from their bitcoin wallet:
4) As soon as the funds have been cleared the customer will be automatically taken to the thank you page:
5) You will receive an email from coinbase confirming the payment:
6) The invoice will be marked as paid within the UCM system, and some additional details will be made available next to the payment:
We hope you enjoy this new feature. If you would like to try it out, send me a priority support ticket and pay using bitcoins 🙂 everything will go towards future UCM development.